Employers Resource Association has developed a Human Resource Checkup Program as a service available to our members. You will find that this service is of benefit to your organization in several ways:
- As a comprehensive overview of the relevant regulations and accepted business practices in the field of human resources;
- As a “user-friendly” barometer to measure your company’s degree of compliance with the myriad of regulations governing all aspects of the employer/employee relationship;
- As an early warning device for potential trouble spots within your organization in terms of regulatory compliance; and
- Where additional information or changes are needed in company policies or practices so as to avoid potential legal and people problems.
A complete report of the findings of the checkup will be prepared along with a suggested action plan designed to enhance the Human Resource function while bringing it into compliance in areas which are lacking.
Here’s How We Can Help
The checkup process involves using a checklist format where “yes” responses are sought. When a question receives a “no” response, a concern is raised and the subject area is reviewed in greater depth to determine the root cause of the negative response to the question. The cause is identified, and a recommendation is made to ensure a “yes” response the next time the question is asked. An outline of the HR subject areas that are included in the checkup process includes:
- Department Organization/Administration
- Safety & Health Concerns/Compliance
- The Employment Process
- Termination Policies and Procedures
- Employee Training & Development
- Disciplinary Policies and Procedures
- Employee Benefits Administration
- Employee Classifications & Overtime
- Communications Programs
- Postings & Recordkeeping
- Wage & Salary Administration
The best protection against challenges from governmental regulatory authorities or from disgruntled employees is to keep the HR function and your organization informed and up-to-date. This Human Resource Checkup Program can help you determine where you stand, and what information you might need to pursue to bring your HR function to compliance.