Wage and Hour Law Essentials
May 27 @ 8:15 am - 12:15 pm$114 – $168
Employee suits alleging wage and hour violations are on the rise and making headlines. In this program, we will review the various components of the Fair Labor Standards Act. It also will provide you with a safe, convenient forum to ask your FLSA questions. Participants will leave the program equipped with a thorough understanding of their company’s pay obligations under the FLSA.
Few topics are of more interest to employers (and employees) than pay. Unfortunately, many FLSA experts estimate that over 50% of all employers are violating the FLSA — predominately in the “white collar” exemptions area. Have you ever wondered…
- Do we have to pay for work-related training on-site or off-site?
- Are we supposed to be paying for travel time on the job or to and from the job?
- How do we really determine if an employee is exempt or non-exempt?
- How long can we ask our employees to work per day?
- Do we have to schedule and pay for meal periods or rest breaks?
- What happens if we’re not in compliance and we are investigated?
- When is a contractor really an employee?
- Is requiring compensatory time off instead of overtime pay legal?
- What kinds of pay records do we need to keep on our exempt employees?
- Can I pay a lump sum for extra hours worked?
- Can I dock an exempt employee’s pay?
- We don’t pay overtime unless it’s been pre-approved…that’s not illegal, is it?
How is equal pay different from “comparable worth”? How can we defend alleged Equal Pay violations?
SHRM CP/SCP PDCs: 4
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.