The Role of the HR Assistant
April 28 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm$210 – $294
This multi-session program runs Wednesdays, April 28 & May 5, 2021
This class explores the supporting role of the HR Assistant in the delivery of HR services to the organization. Participants are provided an overview of pertinent federal and state employment laws, and their administration. The program includes guidance on employment records, posting and retention issues, as well as other key HR areas that generally fall within the domain of the Assistant. Participants learn how to create good employee relations, handle questions from management and employees, and safeguard and maintain confidentiality.
- Identify specific record-keeping and posting requirements
- Introduction to applicable federal and state employment laws: Title VII, EPA, ADEA, ADAAA, FLSA and others
- Discuss the limitations on employment at-will and other concepts
- Develop the skills to support the entire hiring process: evaluating resumes and applications, conducting screening interviews, administering pre-employment tests, etc.
- Identify ways to improve new hire orientation.
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.