Making the Transition to Supervisor
October 5 @ 8:15 am - 12:15 pm$315 – $490
This multi-session program runs Tuesdays, October 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2021
This program is designed specifically for the newly promoted supervisor or someone who will soon make the transition. It introduces supervisors to the dynamic nature of their new role and to the fundamental skills necessary for success as a leader, including compliance, managing workflow, performance management, self-management and relationship building. This course is also designed to be a precursor to the Excellence in Leadership Series for newer supervisors.
- Navigate common pitfalls of new supervisors and develop professional boundaries with friends and former coworkers
- Comply with key employment laws that govern the workplace
- Develop communication skills to effectively manage workflow
- Delegate tasks seamlessly
- Motivate and empower employees
- Manage performance through ongoing feedback and recognition
- Develop personal assertiveness skills
- Effectively manage conflict
SHRM-CP/SCP PDCs: 16
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.