Interpersonal Skills Development Series
September 29 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am$390.00 – $526.00
This multi-session program – Thursdays, September 29, October 6, 13 & 20
Session 1: DiSC Dimensions of Behavior
Learn about the tendencies of your natural behavioral style, how it might “rub” other styles the wrong way and what to do about it if is does. Self-assessment to be completed prior to attendance.
- Develop communication strategies to deal with the different styles
- Apply behavioral flexibility techniques
- Apply what you learn with a dynamic, interactive exercise
Session 2: Personal Assertiveness
This session is designed to help participants to recognize the differences between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviors and how to maintain healthy, productive and assertive communication.
- Complete a self-assessment to determine your level of assertiveness
- Apply appropriate techniques to influence others
- Employ ten techniques to ensure assertiveness
Session 3: The Art of Conflict Resolution
Organizations depend on managers, supervisors and employees to openly discuss concerns and arrive at a joint resolution before a situation gets out of control. Through the use of exercises, team discussions and role-plays, participants learn how to intervene in creative, effective ways to turn conflict into reconciliation.
- Determine your preferred conflict resolution style via self-assessment
- Effectively respond to conflict using the conflict resolution style that fits the situation
- Develop conflict resolution strategies utilizing various models: HEAR, AEIOU and Six Essential Techniques
Session 4: Dealing With Difficult People
This session is designed to help anyone at any level deal with “difficult” people in their workplace. Participants will learn how to level the playing field in dealing with difficult people through adopting coping mechanisms. Participants will examine each type of difficult person and identify strategies for effectively dealing with them.
- Learn coping techniques for dealing with difficult people
- Identify and develop strategies for dealing with typical personality types, such as the “bomb”, the “bulldozer”, the “sniper” and many others.
Who Should Attend:
- Those whose success depends on the ability to work well with others.
- Supervisors, managers and employees who are frustrated at losing so much time to settling interpersonal squabbles in their workplaces and non-EL series or Communication Skills for Teamwork participants.
SHRM CP/SCP PDCs: 12
A full refund or training credit will be given with 48 hours (or more) notice of cancellation. No-shows or cancellations less than 48 hours will be charged. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.