- This event has passed.
Human Resource Mastery Operational Track Series – Cincinnati
March 15 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$1,540.00 – $2,156.00
This course is a multi session course – Wednesdays, March 15, 29, April 19, May 3, 17, and 31
This comprehensive 36-hour program is designed for the generalists, business partners, and managers who are responsible for overseeing many of the important day-to-day HR functions. The series will focus on workforce development, legal compliance, risk mitigation, and excellence in leadership. The series will include such topics as best practices in recruiting, discipline and discharge essentials, understanding employee engagement, federal employment-related laws along with an advanced ADA/FMLA skills workshop, OSHA best practices, harassment training skills, difficult discussions, and DEI fundamentals. Practical application through exercises includes the ability to spot issues and determine “what questions to ask” rather than trying to memorize all the answers in the ever-changing, complicated HR field. Participants also receive three hours of one-on-one executive coaching with ERA’s certified coaches and opportunities for networking and a service project.
- Ability to understand and apply federal laws relating to disabilities, discrimination, leaves of absence, wage and hour, and more in order to ensure compliance and minimize risk.
- Manage the employment process from requisition to recruiting, screening, interviewing, testing, and background checks to making the offer.
- Evaluate how best to welcome and retain new employees, including orientation, and onboarding basics.
- Assure that your organization is maximizing options to mitigate risks such as injuries, safety hazards, harassment complaints, and misconduct.
- Improve leadership abilities through various skills workshops in order to maximize HR’s effectiveness and influence.
- Understand and apply best practices across the board in all relevant HR functions, from interviews to performance management to layoffs.
SHRM-CP/SCP PDCs: 36
A full refund or training credit will be given with 48 hours (or more) notice of cancellation. No-shows or cancellations less than 48 hours will be charged. Substitutions may be made at any time
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.