- This event has passed.
Human Resource Management I
August 8, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm$615.00 – $798.00
This multi-session program that runs Mondays August 8, 15, 22, 29, September 12, 19, 26 & October 3
*Break September 5*
This comprehensive 32-hour program bursts with information, providing an intensive overview of the key elements of the contemporary HR function. Participants are introduced to the body of general HR knowledge they need to perform in the modern practitioner role, and are offered practical, usable ideas for handling HR matters. Practical application through exercises includes the ability to spot issues and determine “what questions to ask” rather than trying to memorize all the answers in the ever-changing, complicated HR field.
- Identify and apply federal/state laws to your workplace rules and standards.
- Manage the employment process from requisition to recruiting, screening, interviewing, testing, and background checks to making the offer.
- Evaluate how best to welcome and retain new employees, including orientation, and onboarding basics.
- Assure compliance with employment recordkeeping and posting requirements.
- Explore compensation basics, and main components of Wage and Hour regulations to avoid typical violations.
- Improve HR’s communication effectiveness by strategizing what, to whom, and how best to transmit various types of information.
A full refund or training credit will be given with 48 hours (or more) notice of cancellation. No-shows or cancellations less than 48 hours will be charged. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.