- This event has passed.
Employment Laws Lite: HR
July 28 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$120 – $168
This is a multi-session program that runs Wednesdays, July 28 and August 4th
HR Refresher and Overview
This program is specially designed for you if:
- You have been away from HR for a while and need a refresher
- HR reports to you: to understand compliance issues they address
- You are PT in HR or in a specialist role: to broaden your HR knowledge
The minute the ink is dry these days, it seems employment laws or government agency guidelines change. Those in HR. or those who lead another department responsible for HR’s work, rely on a current understanding of prominent employment laws to evaluate if their work is compliant as well as to safeguard employee rights. Company policies and practices based on these laws must continue to flex and conform to the altering employment law landscape. This course provides a solid foundation and shares best practices to allow participants to evaluate their own workplace. Participants will also glean ways to continue to stay current as the world shifts around them.
The overarching objective is to enable participants to determine if their own organization is handling workplace matters according to current requirements, to recognize likely unlawful situations as well as areas of potential exposure, and to know how and where to get deeper information or assistance in dealing with these issues.
- Determine which laws apply to your company or organization
- Grasp the role and scope of government agencies in enforcing them
- Recognize how to spot four main types of unlawful discrimination
- Grasp the basics of wage and hour laws -no shades of gray there
- Expose yourself to the high points of the big impact laws such as FMLA and ADA.
NOT for recent HRM 1 graduates or general supervisors and managers
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.