Employment Law Update and Review
March 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$180.5 – $266
This valuable day with legal experts provides tremendous insight into the latest laws, rulings, and practical interpretations that allows the executive or HR professional to perform a difficult job confidently, avoid expensive litigation, and keep personal knowledge up-to-date.
- Legally stay within the rules in dealing with the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations
- Identify and implement changes in policy and procedure made necessary by new legal requirements and changes in existing requirements
- Avoid making risky and costly mistakes due to lack of awareness of recent court decisions that change the way employment issues must be handled
- Explore creative alternatives in dealing with problems you are facing by discovering what your peers are doing on such issues
8:30 – 9:40 AM: What HR professionals should know about legal principles surrounding benefits, COBRA, plan documents, ERISA (Michael Nader)
9:40 – 9:50 AM: Break
9:50 – 10:50 AM: Internal investigations (Pam Krivda)
10:50 – 11 AM: Break
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: What an employee-advocate wishes all HR professionals knew and did best (Laren Knoll)
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM: Lunch break
12:45 – 2:15 PM: One year in on COVID: what have we learned, best practices, interaction with FMLA and ADA (Tara K. Burke)
2:15 – 2:30 PM: Break
2:30 – 4:30 PM: Plaintiff and Defense Counsel Discuss Workplace Problem Areas (Jeffrey Shoskin and David Torchia)
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners, executives, managers, and HR professionals.
SHRM-CP/SCP PDCs: 7
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.