- This event has passed.
Discipline and Discharge for Managers and Supervisors
April 15 @ 8:15 am - 12:15 pm$120 – $168
Ending the employment relationship is not easy for most managers. Discharge is a huge area for employment litigation, with more and more regulations eroding the concept of “employment at will”. Managers will learn certain precautions they can take to make sure they discharge legally and ethically. In this program, we will also discuss the importance of coaching substandard performance, behavior and rules violations as a tool to help the employee succeed.
- Recognize the purpose behind progressive discipline
- Avoid the seven “deadly sins” of reprimanding
- Develop a step-by-step process of preparing for and conducting the disciplinary meeting
- Recognize, reinforce and maintain performance improvements
- Review and discuss the most often violated laws surrounding termination that may prompt charges against the organization
- Develop a step-by-step process of preparing for and conducting the termination meeting that is both legal and ethical
Who Should Attend:
Managers and Supervisors involved in the disciplinary process
SHRM-CP/SCP PDCs: 4
Note: You must click the “+” icon to add a ticket Quantity before the GET TICKETS button will work.