An employee handbook or manual ensures that your employees have a resource to consult for accurate information about the terms, conditions and benefits of employment. It is an important employee communication tool that summarizes your organization’s human resources policies, procedures and benefits.
The employee handbook can do the following.
- Meet your organization’s mandated employee communication requirements.
- Enhance the organization’s image by formally presenting the employee relations philosophy to current and future employees.
- Protect the organization by consolidating necessary information that is read and acknowledged by all employees.
Constant Review and Update is Required
The human resources field is dynamic and ever-changing. New legislation, court decisions and regulatory agency rulings will continue to affect and alter the nature of the employer/employee relationship. An out-of-date or ill-prepared handbook can increase risk, harm the employer’s credibility, and dampen employee morale.
ERA Can Help
Complimentary access to an up-to-date employee handbook template is included in your ERA membership. Click here to access the most recent employee handbook template.
ERA’s Compliance Department can also work with you on a fee basis to perform any of the following services.
- Audit your current handbook for legislative and regulatory compliance, clarity of language and inclusion of appropriate topics.
- Revise your current handbook to ensure that it meets your organization’s needs and objectives
- Draft a handbook from start to finish, customizing the publication to fit your organization’s needs.